Share | 

What's your music genre?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morninglight
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: What's your music genre?   Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:03 pm

I like a mix of genres.  The one that I can think of top of my head that I like are: pop,rock,r&b, jpop,cpop,soundtrack, and alternative.  There probably some more genres that I listen to but I can't remember what they are.
Back to top Go down
saya2077

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Fri May 02, 2014 9:18 pm

When it comes to music I find it hard to assign them to genres. Maybe it is because I am not very interested in genres per se and I decide after hearing the song if I like the music or not. So my decision isn't based on genres. Very Happy 

If I have to list most of the genres I listen to, it would be:
Blues
Classical
Pop
Metal
Independent
Jazz
Punk
Rock
Ska
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 am

There are so many sub-categories within categories, I wouldn't really know. I guess the easiest way to put it is pop & rock, but I'm pretty open minded. There are certain genres I know I wouldn't like, but outside of that, I would give it a shot.

I just don't like things that are repetitive or heavy shouting... haha! Mostly, I listen to Jpop/Jrock.

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Wed May 07, 2014 10:28 am

I tend to go for pop, rock, jpop, light electronic (if that makes sense? More singing and traditional melody, less repetitive noises?), and lately I've had a thing for video game and anime soundtracks. I didn't think I liked instrumentals much but there you are.I like some 60's and 70's music but very little '80s, and only some from earlier than that. As a kid my family listened to pop-country a lot but it's been years and I seem to have lost my tolerance for most of it. My mom listens to a lot of Christian pop these days and it's come a heck of a long way since the 90's but it's still not my thing. I'm glad it's improved though. I hated it when I was in school, it was all so thin and terrible.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 pm

tomokot wrote:
I tend to go for pop, rock, jpop, light electronic (if that makes sense? More singing and traditional melody, less repetitive noises?), and lately I've had a thing for video game and anime soundtracks. I didn't think I liked instrumentals much but there you are.I like some 60's and 70's music but very little '80s, and only some from earlier than that. As a kid my family listened to pop-country a lot but it's been years and I seem to have lost my tolerance for most of it. My mom listens to a lot of Christian pop these days and it's come a heck of a long way since the 90's but it's still not my thing. I'm glad it's improved though. I hated it when I was in school, it was all so thin and terrible.
That's like me for the country thing! Growing up, we would listen to it a lot - have the radio on the country music station. But nowadays, I just can't... I mean, a song here and there is okay, but somehow I could never listen to it for a long time. It rather bores me, as terrible as that sounds! Lol~

I really like OSTs, but it's usually for games/anime that I really like. Especially for anime, the OSTs can make a huge impact. At least, it does in my opinion since it helps set the mood for scenes. I have a surprising amount of soundtracks on my iPod. I kind of like it, since it's something to enjoy when I'm not in the mood to listen to people's singing. You know, those days where just hearing a person's "voice" just grates on your nerves... XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Fri May 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Hmmm...I used to listen to a lot of varied genres, but time has seriously changed my tastes...or music has degraded rather viciously i  the last 10-15 years (but that's totally subjective, heh heh). I listen to R&B, Pop and Kpop. Is SHINee it's own genre? Cause I'm voting for it to become one if it isn't! They are just soooooo *drools*  Embarassed! Anywho, yeah, my list is limited but whatev's.

P.S.
Don't think I could ever do Country. Just really not my thing.
Back to top Go down
swedesamurai
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Mon May 12, 2014 4:41 am

Well I like just about every type of music - except Rap style

When I'm reading it is not uncommon that my playlist goes like this-

Something Classical (I like the heavier Classics like Beethoven-Brückner-Mahler-Orloff etc.

then it Switches to Japanese Enka(Hibari Misori etc) or 1960's J-pop(Peanuts etc)

then a pop over to County Western - (Too Many good artists here to list)

then over to something like Pink Floyd (wish you were here)

then some Bollywood Music - I don't understand a word of it (well except the UK Bollywood songs) but I like the rhytum its good for reading

When I'm Cleaning the House or Car definitely Hard Rock (Metallica-Nuget etc...) Helps clean Spic and Span!

When I read Manga - I normally turn on a You Tube Play List with Studio Ghibli Sound Tracks or a Japanese Group Called Rin that I like a lot (3 girl band that uses traditional Japanese instruments to play contemporary style music (Soundtracks for movies and animie))

Since I live in Germany when I go to sleep I always listen to the ARD Nachts Konzert - (Classical music that plays on German Radio fro Midnight to 6AM)

Needless to say when I have company I hardly play music because my guests can't keep up with my Eclectic Choices....

Oh when I'm in the car it's even worse-
A Playlist could go like this
Ernest Tubb
Patsy Cline
Annie Lennox
Madonna
Guess Who
Kaji Meiko
Garth Brooks
Led Zepplin
The Eagles
Mozart
Bob Seger
Well I guess you get the picture .... I sorta T everyone off around me so that I mostly ride alone in the Car (Is it on Purpose - I'll never Tell) but I do like a good mix of music.

Back to top Go down
romance20
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Wed May 28, 2014 8:49 am

I like all kinds of music but rap,
But my also fav is rock!!!!!! I really like oldie rock as well.
like journey and many others!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
girlflower

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:01 am

Actually I don't have a type because I hear a song and like it at that moment that would be my type of music  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Jhearts

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:59 pm

I like a mix as well but generally I'm not big on country. Oh and metal! I know some people really like it but to be honest, I can't stand it much haha. I'm very uncool like that and just usually listen to whatever's on the radio or on the top list on spotify hahaha.
Back to top Go down
minun07

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 am

Leaving forum, removing posts

Last edited by minun07 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
charyamaya

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:47 pm

My preference is vast, but I don't like salsa, I don't know why, maybe because I can't dance jajaja, but I like classic (like orquestra, or vals, etc) k-pop, j pop, good anime's opening of endings (of course) and my country (Merida, Yucatan, Mexico) I don't like music named (music banda) similar like country, but my brother loved (ugh), and Mexican Pop, rock (universal), techno, and maybe thats all I remember right now.. Enjoy the music, feed the soul...
Back to top Go down
tsuki1star

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:26 pm

I can honestly listen to anything. I can listen to classical, country, jazz, pop, metal, etc. I enjoy them all.
Back to top Go down
teebee

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:47 pm

i'm pretty flexible with most genres except probably classical (i need lyrics to be in a song) and sometimes country/hardcore rap and metal. other than that, all is fair game.

i listen to a lot of korean music though.
Back to top Go down
tearbunny

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:01 pm

I like Jrock like Uverworld. Takuya is such a good singer <3 I also listen to a lot of classical music. Tchaikovsky is my favorite composer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your music genre?   

Back to top Go down

What's your music genre?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1