Share | 

Korean Dramas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duchess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Korean Dramas   Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:30 am

So i recently got in Korean dramas again and i really love the whole poor gir rich guy plot, I need more so if anyone has suggestions please post them

I've seen these so far
Bride of the Century - loved it never got bored in any episode Smile
The Master's Sun - funny
Boys Over Flowers- good drama [didn't like the violence tho]
Lie to Me-Laughed all the way thru  lol!
Goong- liked it, but i feel they didn't do it justice [should've gone according to the manhwa]
My Girl-interesting
My Princess-So cute

Started but stopped these[Not too Sure]
Secret Garden- Question
Personal Preference
Hotel King
Her Lengend
Coffee Prince- Didn't get exciting after 4 episodes[Maybe just not into gender bender] scratch

Check-out Colorful Shoe Prints

Bespoke Cakes for your Memorable Occasions
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:57 am

I'm not really into that plot line, but I have seen a couple that use it. Do you have a preference for genre? I've seen one contemporary one and one historical one.

Dong Yi (historical) - I actually liked this one! Kind of long-ish, but it's about the relationship between a peasant slave maid and the emperor. It has a lot of that political intrigue and stuff too, as you can imagine back in that time period.

100 Year Legacy (contemporary) - The main girl is from the normal class and married into a rich family, and goes through all these struggles because of the mom-in-law. Ends up divorcing her husband, and meets another rich guy. All the while at home, her family runs a noodle shop that has been in the family for 3 generations. It was okay-ish, but you know how it is... Over the top drama and stuff... Not into that too much XD

That's about it for my exposure to K-dramas! Hope that helps a little...

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:28 pm

It's lucky you like the rich guy/poor girl thing, because there seem to be way less kdramas that are the other way 'round. Although I've just heard about an older series "Mr Duke" that I'm going to try which has a chaebol princess hiring a nobody to be her boyfriend to fool her father.

I loved "Lie to me" and "Master's Sun" even though I thought the very ending of both could have been a little better.

Wouldn't bother with "Personal Preference", I didn't think it got any better but watched it to the end anyway. But if you didn't hate the acting of the heroine's ex (the architect scumbag who cheated on her), he plays a smarmy bad guy (who turns out to be not really that evil...) in "Cheongdamdong Alice".

Which has the son of a rich family who's been disowned and wants to prove himself to the woman who abandoned him and his father who becomes mega rich in France and then returns to Korea for revenge, where he meets attractive, desperately poor girl who can't get a job, has a boyfriend in massive debt due to his mother's hospital bills (who's about to steal from the hero's business), and who's parents are about to lose their home... The rich guy is suffering PTSD, but luckily his best friend is a psychiatrist who always seems to be nearby when he loses his grip on reality. I just checked over my description, um... I swear this is a romantic comedy, really.

Another couple I've liked recently were:
"Fated to Love You", very funny, with a couple of very sad parts, the acting can be very OTT and you occasionally need to suspend belief and just go with it.
"Prime Minister and I"

If you're not sure, maybe give "Secret Garden" another chance, I thought it did get better.

Good Luck!

Last edited by kaz on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catz204

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:14 am

Rich guy - poor girl plot.. "Heirs" - Handsome rich guy!! (Lee Min Ho  Razz )~
Back to top Go down
Loopy Loo

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 pm

The Master's Sun is my favorite Kdrama, and I'm glad you liked it.

Recently I finished Birth of a Beauty, which starts out with a rich guy helping a "ugly" girl (the quotations are because I don't think she is ugly at all) get revenge and then the story gets complicated. The story is very well written and the leads have really good chemistry which keeps the show light. I laughed in most of the episodes and was satisfied with the ending, so if you're looking for something entertaining I recommend it.

Bride of the Century is also one of my top shows and if your interested in the male lead (Lee Hong Ki) he just finished staring in Modern Farmer, which is also considered a romantic comedy. I laughed in every episode, mainly because the show is about the members of a rock band farming for the first time and like my professor once said usually when guys get together their IQ seems to drop.

I have watched Secret Garden, and yeah it's kind of hard to love it from the beginning, I mainly got hooked on it when they started to switch bodies (which I was waiting for since ep. 1). So maybe you can give it another try ...... or not, its up to you.

If you ever want to try some thing different you might want to try Rooftop Prince, which is supernatural genre mixed with historical and romance and of course comedy.

Also the first drama I watched was My Lovely Sam Soon and it fits into the rich boy, poor girl story but its been a while since it was broadcasted.

And thank you for posting something about Kdramas, I always wanted to but was shy to do so. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kaz

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Did you check out any of the suggestions? Find any new favourites?
Two kdramas which finished recently are "Kill Me, Heal Me" and "Heart to Heart".
I loved them both...
They both feature rich male leads, heirs to wealthy families. One's a psychiatrist who would be banned from practicing if it was real life and one's illegitimate,suffering from multiple personalities with a dad in a coma...
Neither female lead is wealthy, one is a psychiatric intern who's family run an inn and brew alcohol (I think beer), and the other is a shut-in orphan who can't stop blushing. Embarassed
They're both romantic comedies but both definitely have adult themes and concepts.
Really didn't want either to end.
Have any of you watched these? What did you think?
Back to top Go down
tsuki1star

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 am

My favorites would be:

Save the last dance for me
1% of anything
Creating destiny
King of baking, Kim takgu

If I think of some more, I'll add them!
Back to top Go down
tearbunny

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Secret garden is really good. Highly recommend if you still aren't sure.
I don't know if this counts but for sure Full House, it's a classic now haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Korean Dramas   

Back to top Go down

Korean Dramas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1