89%
 89% [ 228 ]
Both
4%
 4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 255

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello guys!!!same question as the old forum...but new statistics!!!start voting Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:22 am

I'm still a girl... haha~

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Female. Very Happy even if my behavior is a little masculine...
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:47 am

I am female although I might be a little tomboy from time to time ^^
Back to top Go down
ddaredevil
Valued Contributor

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

I am female but I am also a tomboy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:39 pm

wow..so according to statistics, majority of forum members here a women (based on you answers!) that's nice. i never knew most women are also into mangas (and anime)

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 pm

rayghiemay wrote:
wow..so according to statistics, majority of forum members here a women (based on you answers!) that's nice. i never knew most women are also into mangas (and anime)

Well, this is a forum site dedicated to Harlequin manga... I think the majority are female while a handful are male. Swedesamurai is the only active male on our forum so far ^^
Back to top Go down
rayghiemay

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:13 am

sorry Very Happy i'm a little naive, it didn't occur to me that many girls (women) are into manga. i apologize for thinking this way.
Very Happy

"Fear can only ruin your life if you will allow for it to. In our lives we can try to bypass our fears by staying away from them as much as possible, but to truly conquer each fear we must step up to it, and take it on. We can only defeat something if we are willing to compete against it, and with a strong heart, a determined attitude, and an unbreakable will, there is nothing in this world we can't defeat if we give it our all."

afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 am

There are guys here? o_O

Wow... That's unexpected!
Back to top Go down
jollychick
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:37 pm

rayghiemay wrote:
sorry Very Happy i'm a little naive, it didn't occur to me that many girls (women) are into manga. i apologize for thinking this way. Very Happy
I think there's a need to apologize Smile. Because of all the freaks online these days, a friend of mine has taken to saying (jokingly) "There aren't any girls on the internet!"

I rarely come across women who like anime, manga and games where I live. I've come in contact with...about 4 total. Two worked in comic shops, one at a blockbuster (back in the day Laughing) and the other I met randomly on campus one day. Me and her were in the same english 1 class. I looked over, noticed her jacket and was like "Is that a Kahn from Bleach jacket?!" and the rest is history. We didn't really have much in common though, since her favorite genre is yaoi and she scoffed at me for reading shoujo, josei and anything remotely close to Harlequin. That's why I love this place
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 pm

xD Lol..
I don't really use the term "dudette" I might use dude from time to time.
But dudette sounds...A little hipster to me or like hippe slang Embarassed
But if I must say, I'm a 'dudette' Rolling Eyes
Dearly,
Mii-Pyon~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 am

jollychick wrote:
rayghiemay wrote:
sorry Very Happy i'm a little naive, it didn't occur to me that many girls (women) are into manga. i apologize for thinking this way. Very Happy
I think there's a need to apologize Smile. Because of all the freaks online these days, a friend of mine has taken to saying (jokingly) "There aren't any girls on the internet!"

I rarely come across women who like anime, manga and games where I live. I've come in contact with...about 4 total. Two worked in comic shops, one at a blockbuster (back in the day Laughing) and the other I met randomly on campus one day. Me and her were in the same english 1 class. I looked over, noticed her jacket and was like "Is that a Kahn from Bleach jacket?!" and the rest is history. We didn't really have much in common though, since her favorite genre is yaoi and she scoffed at me for reading shoujo, josei and anything remotely close to Harlequin. That's why I love this place
cheers cheers cheers

You'd be surprised, but there are actually a lot more of those manga loving girls you know. Does this mean that you've never even walked across a girl in the manga section of your local bookstore?
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 am

Bori wrote:
You'd be surprised, but there are actually a lot more of those manga loving girls you know. Does this mean that you've never even walked across a girl in the manga section of your local bookstore?

You know, now that you mentioned it, I don't think I have come across a girl in the manga stores, other than the ones I go in with (either that or I didn't notice). Sometimes I see a guy walk in with a girl, so I can't be sure who's the one doing the reading. But there are plenty of females into manga, anime and games where I am.
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Whaaat!? People don't see girls in the comic stores?! Well, nowadays we can buy mangas at the bookstore, but I've seen plenty of girls browsing the shelves. Probably the same number as guys... So strange that no one else sees that.

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 pm

aerysa wrote:
Whaaat!? People don't see girls in the comic stores?! Well, nowadays we can buy mangas at the bookstore, but I've seen plenty of girls browsing the shelves. Probably the same number as guys... So strange that no one else sees that.

Yeah same here. Perhaps girls don't talk as loud as guys do when they pick the latest volume of their favourite manga with their friends? (When everyone else in the shop get to hear who slashes who with all of the sfx and imitations xD)
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Well, bookstores yes. I meant those shops specializing in manga, anime, figurines and collective pieces. I see less girls there... There might be more girls going into such shops in the bigger cities, but usually I'm the only female walking in...
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Ooh...! Well, I guess that makes sense. Like I said, manga is now accessible at the regular bookstore, so they don't need to go to specialized comic stores. That's where I go for my manga! ^^

And the other thing I noticed (at least where I am) is that there aren't a whole lot of specialty stores for that... The only one I can think of that is close to my house is still a 20-minute drive away... And they still have more focus on comics of the North American variety more than they do on licensed manga. That's what I found at the one store we did sometimes visit.

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Well, the specialty shops here aren't really that nearby either. But that's usually the only place for us to find the locally published manga. The big bookstores like Borders and Kinokuniya only have the English (and expensive) versions.
Back to top Go down
paikea
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:55 pm

That's pretty interesting, I guess for the most part I thought there were more females than males interested in manga/anime but maybe that's cause I'm reading genres like HQ.

But I think females are more likely to also read manga that is intended for a different demographic than males are. Like I'll see a lot of females reading Bleach but not many males reading Skip Beat etc. no sure if this is just a north american thing

Now I'm curious if more girls do manga while guys do anime, haha but that's a new topic I think.

Oh and female here Smile
Back to top Go down
psychobartho

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Its even more difficult in germany to find mangas in a store.. We have one Comicbook store and that has more like the superheroe comics instead of manga. I most likely use the Internet for such matters, if i feel the need for a comic book.

But in a time of ebook readers, i mostly use that, since even the german amazon has nearly all HQ manga in its portfolio for the kindle. And nobody looks strangely at you when you buy such a book/manga and are a 30 year old male Wink

Cant help it, find those stories much more interesting than the thriller/magic/mecha stuff which is the common genre for nearly all the latest anime/mangas.

I would love more of the kind of skip beat (i loved this!) and lovely complex. much more fun to read/watch and relax..

just a little comment from the male minority here:)
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:19 pm

I believe this is because it's common to see girls reading male oriented comics in comparison with the other way around. However, there are some guys who read female oriented comics but I don't see the problem there. I believe Motomi Kyousuke is one of those male mangakas who draw for the female market. I love his previous works and Dengeki Daisy is receiving good reviews. So I don't see any problems with guys reading shoujo or josei. My brother does it too Wink

Also, it's also probably because for female oriented manga, it's more about emotions and the human psyche than about action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:43 pm

rayghiemay wrote:
sorry Very Happy i'm a little naive, it didn't occur to me that many girls (women) are into manga. i apologize for thinking this way.
Very Happy

If that surprised you, ask for ages .... you may have a few surprises there, even bigger ...
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 am

manena wrote:
rayghiemay wrote:
Very Happy

If that surprised you, ask for ages .... you may have a few surprises there, even bigger ...

That's in another discussion. But if I remember correctly, the age distribution is just as varied/wide. From 16-60... maybe older too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
littlehuyen

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Sat May 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Bori wrote:
There are guys here? o_O

Yeah, i thought the same thing when i saw the results! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tomokot

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   Fri May 10, 2013 9:49 am

littlehuyen wrote:
Bori wrote:
There are guys here? o_O

Yeah, i thought the same thing when i saw the results! Very Happy
Yeah, a lot of guys would be scared or dismissive because Harlequin. Keep on keeping on, bros Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?   

Back to top Go down

poll:Are You Dude or Dudette ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next