BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello guys...lots of treasure was shared by our cool users in the old forum..so many Hq's were shared..so ill be linking the old forum here

http://shojomanhwascans.forums-free.com/sharing-harlequin-and-other-ebooks-t371.html

and start sharing!!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:35 pm

@MoonGoddess thanks for all the sharing ^^ wooo looks like you really share a lot... Do you have that many books??

Dark Hertitage by Emma Darcy

Had she found her identity or her destiny?
Rebel had been fortunate to be adopted-by the James family. The Australian clan fully supported her search for her mother's roots--even though it took her to England.
But when Rebel arrived at Davenport Hall, the English manor where her mother had stayed as a five-year-old war orphan, she was surprised to discover the earl actually seemed to be expecting her.
Hugh Davenport was not what Rebel had imagined--he was far too handsome and sexy. And Rebel, Hugh discovered, was not the new nanny after all. But none of that mattered. Rebel knew Hugh and his fiery little niece needed her. She'd stay because she had already opened her heart--she needed them too!

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 am

I was trying to upload another novel on 4shared, but couldn't since it was "banned". Does anyone know a sharing site which doesn't give this problem?

Nathye wrote:
@MoonGoddess thanks for all the sharing ^^ wooo looks like you really share a lot... Do you have that many books??

Not a problem. Yeah, I have lots of books, but I only share the good ones.

I really enjoyed this novel. The heroine was very intelligent and spirited and the hero... well he needed rescuing! LOL!

Nothing to Commend Her

The Earl of Pensby lost his wife in a fire, one that left him scarred in more ways than one. He's surly, brooding, and according to half the ton, a monster. Except to Agatha Trumwell, she sees so much more than his scars. But with a pitiful dowry, unfavorable looks, and a tendency to speak her mind, she has nothing to commend her, or so she believes. Can these two lonely souls find love amid the gossiping beau monde while someone plots to tear their fragile world apart?

Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:25 am

MoonGoddess wrote:
I was trying to upload another novel on 4shared, but couldn't since it was "banned". Does anyone know a sharing site which doesn't give this problem?

Have you tried Scribd.com a long time ago @techgal101 suggested it ^^ There are some HQ books there you can share or read on the site Very Happy I had an account but never shared anything so I don't know the details... But it looks like a good place to share books Very Happy

MoonGoddess wrote:
Nathye wrote:

Not a problem. Yeah, I have lots of books, but I only share the good ones.

That's good to know Very Happy

Last edited by Nathye on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 am

aerysa wrote:
Definitely! It's too straining on the eyes to stare at the computer screen when you're trying to read. Unfortunately, books are pretty pricey and they can take up a lot of space, which I don't have a lot of. So I'm really picky about which books I end up buying.
Agree. I like it better to have something which I can touch, smell (I love the smell of new books Wink ) and see. Gives me such a satisfaction, everytime I look at my bookshelf. It sounds weird, but well..... Razz

aerysa wrote:
Anyways... I was thinking I would re-compile some of the books that were previously shared on the forum since they seemed to be really popular - some of the authors. I don't have time right now, but whenever I get the chance, I hope to do that. Unless someone else has free time and is willing to do that? Wink I love you
Terrific idea!!! I believe silvery is willing to do that and I'll be glad to help her if she needs it. Smile
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Ok, because I did say I'd do it. Here's the list of all the books/novella/anthologies/own works that have been shared in the previous forum. I didn't add the links, but anyone can just copy what I've done here and add links if you want. Stories are arranged according to genre.

Contemporary Romance
Spoiler:

Supernatural Romance
Spoiler:

Sci-fi Romance
Spoiler:

aerysa
(a big hand to our forum's very own budding writer who's not afraid to share Very Happy)
Spoiler:

contemporary/adventure
Spoiler:

Regencies/Historicals
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 pm

silvery wrote:
Ok, because I did say I'd do it. Here's the list of all the books/novella/anthologies/own works that have been shared in the previous forum. I didn't add the links, but anyone can just copy what I've done here and add links if you want. Stories are arranged according to genre.

I will try to add the links but I will need some time since I am busy with school now... Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:02 am

silvery wrote:
I agree. Besides the price and space issue, I also have the problem about the wait... I'm still looking for the latest Julia Quinn which was released last month. I can't believe how slow the bookstores here are.
Have you tried ordering it online? You still have to wait, but at least you would know that it's coming... Laughing I usually do that instead since it comes straight to my door, through Amazon. Sometimes, the bookstores just don't have it in stock until a week or two later...

silvery wrote:
I could probably list the books down, (since I reviewed a majority of them) by author and genre if you want but if you want me to add the links as well, that will take some finding/time
I was thinking we could compile the reviews as well, but that would be even more work XD And I'm sure you can find sites for book reviews anyways. But thanks! That'll make it easier to compile files of what was shared.

silvery wrote:

aerysa
(a big hand to our forum's very own budding writer who's not afraid to share Very Happy)
Lol... I'm trying to re-edit some of my stories since they're really overdue for it, but my stuff can be found here http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/ I already shared it before, but doesn't hurt to share it again Wink But the website is still work in progress... So not everything is there. Eventually, one of these days, I'll get to completing it...

MoonGoddess wrote:
Just to warn you, I would be careful about using 4shared! Someone reported one of my files, and once that happens, they block your sharing capabilities... You either have to fight it by mailing them proof that the file belongs to you, or you delete everything that isn't yours and admit to a count of perjury before they reactivate it... That happened to me just recently so all my old links are dead =__=;;

That said, you could always use another sharing site and/or rename the files so that they're nothing recognizable. Currently, I do that with mediafire and I haven't had an issues that way.

That said... Thanks for all the new shares!! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks again for listing these silvery. I'm terrible with all the other genres, but here's a start on the Historical/Regency ones Smile I bundled up whatever I could.

silvery wrote:
Regencies/Historicals
Spoiler:

++ Names are ones that are added to the bundle, but were not originally shared before.
Anyways, that's a good start for now since those were the most popular authors anyways Razz I'm always in re-organization mode for stuff I download, so I'll eventually get to the rest of them.

I'm pretty sure all the files are okay, but if they're not, just let me know.

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:11 am

Thank you silvery!!!! Smile Some links from the old forum are dead, so I replaced them with my own, I hope it's okay.

silvery wrote:

Contemporary Romance
Spoiler:

Here is the post, where Amina9898 was so kindly to share the books all in one

amina9898 wrote:
this download contains 96% the books offered on the previous forum. If a book isn't there, its because ether the the download page no longer worked or i goofed up and missed it. Be warned this is a huge file for it contains 216 book. Happy Reading! Very Happy

http://www.4shared.com/zip/Ob1XfCVT/smsbooks.html

Last edited by Chloevien on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:07 pm

It looks like my time wasn't wasted then Very Happy I'm glad that my template could be used!
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Chloevien wrote:
amina9898 wrote:
this download contains 96% the books offered on the previous forum. If a book isn't there, its because ether the the download page no longer worked or i goofed up and missed it. Be warned this is a huge file for it contains 216 book. Happy Reading! Very Happy

http://www.4shared.com/zip/Ob1XfCVT/smsbooks.html
Oh sweet... Looks like I don't have to go through them again! I think 96% is a good number... haha. I sort mine, so other people can sort their own Razz Razz

silvery wrote:
It looks like my time wasn't wasted then Very Happy I'm glad that my template could be used!
Of course it would be used! It's actually quite important (well, for me) because the number of books I have is way more than the ones shared and I wouldn't know which ones were XD

Anyways, looks like amina9898 and subsequently Chloevien have solved the problem since I'm too lazy to go back and look for the link Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:06 am

MoonGoddess wrote:
Nathye wrote:
Welcome back Very Happy

Thank you! ^^ And it is a pleasure to meet you! Smile

aerysa wrote:
You were the one who started this thread!! Of course we would remember you Razz

It's great that you all remember! How have you been, aerysa? I hope things are good with you!!!

Okay let me share some books!

Now let's see...

Royally Bedded Regally Wedded

SMS did this manga, but if you can't remember I will give the synopsis again:

From single mom to princess bride—
Lizzy Mitchell has something that Prince Rico Ceraldi wants: she's the adoptive mother of the young heir to the throne of San Lucenzo, Rico's Mediterranean principality!

Lizzy will do anything for her little boy! When Rico demands a marriage of convenience, she says yes. It's a union in name only, as Rico considers her far too ordinary. But a royal wedding means a royal makeover—and then Rico decides to bed his princess bride!

omg even moon is back!!!thnx for this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:41 am

sherlover wrote:

omg even moon is back!!!thnx for this

Yep! I am back! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I was missed.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded. It was the ultimate "ugly duckling" story.

Okay, in another thread tech gal asked this:
techgal101 wrote:
Are there any Harlequin novels in existence where both the guy and the gal are virgins until they get married? Just wondering... Wink

I am going to share one of the books I found where the guy was a virgin. I wanted to finish it before I shared because I only want to share the good stories, but since I am busy doing a literary review for my grad program, I have stopped leisure reading for the while. So, I am hoping someone can tell us what it was like. So far it looks quite promising.

Untouched

Beautiful Grace Paget has no reason not to believe these words. After all, she was kidnapped, spirited away to a remote country manor, and told she is to grant this man his every desire . . . or lose her life. But Grace is no common trollop. So she risks everything to save her virtue by planning a daring escape, even though she finds herself tempted by this handsome man. There is something in his eyes that makes her wonder if he is as dangerous as he would have her believe.

Sheene knew nothing of the plan to bring him this woman. Locked up as a prisoner, called "mad" by all of the world, he will do anything to reclaim his life, and Grace's sensuous beauty has distracted him from his goals. And although he finds her irresistible, he is horrified to hold her against her will. Now, together, they must both revolt against the strange set of circumstances that have forced them together—for only then will Grace truly surrender to him . . . forever.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks to MoonGoddess for sharing cheers

Last edited by Chloevien on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:58 am

Hello !

Thank you so much for the great stories shared here !

Does anyone have the other books by Julia Quinn on the Smythe-Smiths ? Pretty please ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:59 pm

The manga version of this book was done by SMS.

The Italian's Token Wife.

I only read a little of this one. I liked the story in the manga, so I am thinking that the novel would be enjoyable too.

She's agreed to wed...but what about the bed?

Italian millionaire Rafaello di Viscenti vows to marry the first woman he sees -- who just happens to be Magda!

She's been desperately trying to make ends meet by cleaning Rafaello's house. His proposal of marriage comes with a large financial reward -- all she has to do is spend six months as Rafaello's wife in name only.

But though Rafaello hadn't planned on sleeping with his new wife...he can't resist her!

Italian Husbands -- tall,dark -- and ready to marry!

anaxarete2 wrote:
Hello !

Thank you so much for the great stories shared here !

Does anyone have the other books by Julia Quinn on the Smythe-Smiths ? Pretty please ???

I haven't read this series, but I have the first book,
Just Like Heaven

Honoria Smythe-Smith is:
A) a really bad violinist
B) still miffed at being nicknamed "Bug" as a child
C) not in love with her older brother's best friend
D) all of the above

Marcus Holroyd is:
A) the Earl of Chatteris
B) regrettably prone to sprained ankles
C) not in love with his best friend's younger sister
D) all of the above

Together they:
A) eat quite a bit of chocolate cake
B) survive a deadly fever and the world's worst musical performance
C) fall quite desperately in love

It's Julia Quinn at her best, so you know the answer is . . .

D) all of the above
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 am

Woo just a few days since I last came and so many new books Very Happy

Chloevien wrote:
(...) Thanks to silvery's entry, who brought me to the idea with this brilliant spoiler mode, which it can make the content of my post invisible for non-members and shorter cheers
And I'll share this: (...)

So you're saying if we use spoiler it becomes a invisible post for non-members? that's really nice... but why does that happen?

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 am

Nathye wrote:
So you're saying if we use spoiler it becomes a invisible post for non-members? that's really nice... but why does that happen?

Do you remember our last suggestion, about making this subforum invisible for non members, because what we're doing here, with sharing and what not, is a bit risky? But that was impossible task, sherlover has already told us.
With spoiler mode, it is just so, that I can hide everything ( the links, books I share, etc), because you know, I don't need any non members to see what I've been doing, it's too risky for me. The non members still can see my post/entry but not the content of the spoiler. Somehow it makes me safer to share that way Rolling Eyes Wink I hope my explanation makes any sense Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:21 am

Chloevien wrote:
Nathye wrote:

Do you remember our last suggestion, about making this subforum invisible for non members, because what we're doing here, with sharing and what not, is a bit risky? But that was impossible task, sherlover has already told us.
With spoiler mode, it is just so, that I can hide everything ( the links, books I share, etc), because you know, I don't need any non members to see what I've been doing, it's too risky for me. The non members still can see my post/entry but not the content of the spoiler. Somehow it makes me safer to share that way Rolling Eyes Wink I hope my explanation makes any sense Embarassed

yes I understand and I think everyone feels the same Very Happy but I am afraid that the problem may not be outside but inside the forum ^^ we can't deny that there may be some members with bad intentions. but the spoiler sure narrows down a lot of people Very Happy so thanks for the tip... I will start to do the same Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:58 am

Thank you so much MoonGodess !

I just finished reading Just Like Heaven ! Very sweet story ! I laughed a great good deal ! I can't seem to grow tired of Julia Quinn style, realy loved the Bridgerton's stories too !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:07 am

anaxarete2 wrote:
Thank you so much MoonGodess !

I just finished reading Just Like Heaven ! Very sweet story ! I laughed a great good deal ! I can't seem to grow tired of Julia Quinn style, realy loved the Bridgerton's stories too !

Good to know that you enjoyed it. I have other Quinn books, so maybe I will share some of those later. I have the 3 Bevelstoke novels but I am not too sure if the formatting is presentable.

Okay guys, I stumbled upon these books and although I have only read the prologue and the first chapter of the first book, these novels are looking REAL good so I am going to jump the gun a bit and share them. It is an anthology of 3 books. ENJOY!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Chloevien wrote:
Thanks to silvery's entry, who brought me to the idea with this brilliant spoiler mode, which it can make the content of my post invisible for non-members and shorter cheers
UHM... Sorry to disappoint you, but actually non-members can see the contents of a spoiler... I do that all the time... Laughing Sometimes I'm not logged in since I don't have time to reply, but I still skim the contents before I rush off.

Whether or not a person will actually open the spoiler or not... That's a different matter.

Oh, and for Nathye... To use a spoiler tag, it's actually quite simple. Like the 'quote' tag, you just put 'spoiler' instead, inside square brackets. Then close it with '/spoiler'. It's no different from regular HTML, but they use square brackets [ ] on the forums, rather than the triangle ones < >.

Even so, I think it's a really good idea to keep all the shares beneath a spoiler tag, just in case. Especially since we weren't able to make it "members only". I'm a little paranoid about it too after the trouble/reporting at 4shared =__=;;

MoonGoddess wrote:
Good to know that you enjoyed it. I have other Quinn books, so maybe I will share some of those later. I have the 3 Bevelstoke novels but I am not too sure if the formatting is presentable.
Yeah, I have some other ones too - I just haven't got around to checking them to make sure they're okay. Also, you might want to check silvery's list to see which ones were already shared. We updated some of the old links already Smile

OH, and thanks for the new shares!! Mm... And also, is it too much to ask that you shrink your signature? It's kind of big Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 pm

aerysa wrote:

UHM... Sorry to disappoint you, but actually non-members can see the contents of a spoiler... I do that all the time... Laughing Sometimes I'm not logged in since I don't have time to reply, but I still skim the contents before I rush off.

Whether or not a person will actually open the spoiler or not... That's a different matter.

Really? I don't even realize that, silly me lol! I've used this spoiler tag in other forums, and it worked like charms, but not here I suppose , the non members still can see it Sad But you're right, better using spoiler tag than nothing, because we're all bit paranoid about sharing now.......

Nathye, sorry that I gave you unintentionally the wrong explanation Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 am

Chloevien wrote:
Really? I don't even realize that, silly me lol! I've used this spoiler tag in other forums, and it worked like charms, but not here I suppose , the non members still can see it Sad But you're right, better using spoiler tag than nothing, because we're all bit paranoid about sharing now.......

Nathye, sorry that I gave you unintentionally the wrong explanation Embarassed Embarassed

Please don't worry about that ! you gave us a great idea ^^ they can see but just if they try to open it. So it does help (in my case I would be to lazy to open it) Very Happy

aerysa wrote:

Oh, and for Nathye... To use a spoiler tag, it's actually quite simple. Like the 'quote' tag, you just put 'spoiler' instead, inside square brackets. Then close it with '/spoiler'. It's no different from regular HTML, but they use square brackets [ ] on the forums, rather than the triangle ones < >.

Even so, I think it's a really good idea to keep all the shares beneath a spoiler tag, just in case. Especially since we weren't able to make it "members only". I'm a little paranoid about it too after the trouble/reporting at 4shared =__=;;

Thanks I really didn't know how to do it Very Happy
And about the that can't we close this topic and ask the administration to open another one that's invisible to non-members? I know they can't make this one invisible because it's already open but if they oppened it they could do it, couldn't they like they do with the HQ releases?

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 am

Chloevien wrote:

Laughing Well, I guess each forum is setup a little differently. I can't remember what it was like at other forums, but I know for this one it doesn't work that way. And yeah, a little precaution is better than none at all...

Nathye wrote:
Thanks I really didn't know how to do it Very Happy
And about the that can't we close this topic and ask the administration to open another one that's invisible to non-members? I know they can't make this one invisible because it's already open but if they oppened it they could do it, couldn't they like they do with the HQ releases?
No worries ^^
I guess we could ask, though I'm not sure who has posting access in those other sections. Or, we could ask for a special section to be started for this type of thing since it doesn't fit under their "Scanlation" section. Like a hidden "Downloads" section. Again, not sure who to ask about that... Maybe sherlover?

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   

Back to top Go down

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next