BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello guys...lots of treasure was shared by our cool users in the old forum..so many Hq's were shared..so ill be linking the old forum here

http://shojomanhwascans.forums-free.com/sharing-harlequin-and-other-ebooks-t371.html

and start sharing!!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

techgal101 wrote:

If anyone can recommend more HQs with the same amount of smut or less (I'm pretty conservative Embarassed), I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Well, i reviewed the books that were posted up in the old site, so you can check those out. although i'm also a historical/regency fan like aerysa... but moongoddess did post a lot of old harlequins there ;D

the old site link:
http://shojomanhwascans.forums-free.com/sharing-harlequin-and-other-ebooks-t371.html
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Okay, here are some suggestions for tame romance novels. For those like techgal who prefer there to be a minimal, if any, amount of smut.

All the books are by Betty Neels, who used to write for Mills & Boons and then had her work published by Harlequin. She passed away in 2001, but wrote for 30 years and wrote 130+ books. Wow! And you might recognize her as the author of the harlequin manga Girl in a Million.

I've never read any of the books, but I did like Girl in a Million ^^ And even on her wiki page, it says "Her work is known for being particularly chaste." Lol~

So that said...
Girl in a Million
Summary: "You want me?"

Caroline Frisby was right for the job--after all, she'd established an excellent rapport with the little boy while he was in the hospital in England. It only made sense that she be the one to supervise Marc's recovery back home in Holland.

But was she the right girl for the man? Marius van Houben, the boy's uncle, was rich, attractive and successful--and very single. He could have any girl he wanted. What were the chances that he would want her?

Caroline knew they were one in a million.

Download

The rest of these are based on popularity, so I just picked a few that rated more than 4 out of 5.

Dearest Mary Jane
Summary: "The moment I set eyes on a handsome, rich man I shall marry him."

So said Felicity, and as she was the glamorous sister with a successful career as an international model, Mary Jane had no reason to doubt her. Mary Jane was the stay at home with no talents to speak of and a face that never merited a second glance. So it was hardly surprising that Sir Thomas Latimar treated Mary Jane as no more than a future sister-in-law. If only she hadn't been fool enough to fall in love with him...

Download

Matilda's Wedding
Summary: Dreaming of marriage?
When Matilda's father retires through ill health, the family's new life in Much Winterlow is in reduced circumstances. To make ends meet, Matilda applies to be Dr. Henry Lovell's receptionist. She does her best to ignore the strong attraction she feels for him. Dreaming of a wite wedding and a happy marriage are not for her!

And Henry is engaged to Lucilla, after all. But Henry won't leave the village despite Lucilla's wish to live in London, and as he gets to know Matilda, he becomes more and more intrigued by her...

Download

Never the Time and Place
Summary: He was a bad-tempered annoying, arrogant man!

And later encounters with Julius van Tacx only confirmed Josephine's first impression. Nothing about Julius fitted her image of an ideal husband.

He greatly disturbed Josephine's usually serene life--both at home and in the hospital. Then he went off, back to Holland, with a blithe "Tot Ziens!"

Josephine had to admit she missed him--tiresome ways and all. She felt slightly better when she learned that Tot Ziens meant "so long--be seeing you." But the question was--when?

Download

The Bachelor's Wedding
Summary: A practical marriage?

Araminta Smith had first met Professor Jason Lister when she was hired to look after his niece and nephew. Knowing that her plain but honest looks weren't about to catch her a husband, she was intrigued by the distinguished surgeon's interest in her. Since he was also a confirmed bachelor, the professor's proposal came as an even greater surprise. A marriage between them, as he pointed out to her, would be infinitely practical--and Araminta was nothing if not practical. But then...what about love?

Download

The Little Dragon
Summary: "Love doesn't need to come into it"

No matter what Jeroen said, however, Constantia knew she would rather marry for love. Still, Dr. Jeroen van der Giessen was undeniably handsome and nice. And Constantia, who believed that 'money brings misery,' didn't care about his small income.

But why would a man like Jeroen need to marry for convenience and companionship? And how could he afford to maintain so many luxurious cards and a 'borrowed' mansion?

Was Jeroen keeping something from her?

Download

I'll see if I can find any more that I can safely say are tame (other authors), short of reading them all, then I'll share them Laughing

Last edited by aerysa on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Just finished reading today's HQ release and found it online, so if anyone cares to read the original Smile

A Question of Pride by Michelle Reid
Summary: She was much more than his secretary.

Theirs seemed the perfect boss-secretary relationship. He was all hard-nosed business; she was efficient and anticipated his every need.

But the roles Max and Clea played so well in the office underwent a radical change after hours. Then they were passionate lovers--a situation Clea found both fulfilling and agonizing.

For while Max was capable of turning his passion on and off at will, Clea, with her youth and idealism, had fallen inescapably in love. She either had to hide her feelings--or get out.

Suddenly, unexpected circumstances gave her no choice.

Download

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Thank you very much for sharing the books. Cant wait to read them all <3

Btw the manga for Girl in a Million has been translated Smile http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6105

And it seems the link to Betty Neels - The Bachelor's Wedding doesnt work. (or maybe it is just me...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm

thnx for sharing!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:25 am

thanks for sharing Very Happy I am looking forward to read His Very Personal Assistant by Carole Mortimer thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 am

Jibril wrote:
Btw the manga for Girl in a Million has been translated Smile http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6105
Yes it was translated and you have some more here ^^ http://smscans.fanbb.net/t5-read-harlequins-by-other-scanlators-here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 am

Does anyone have Amber by Night by Sharron Sala? I've been looking for it everywhere. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
rubenz
Not So New
Not So New

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 pm

moonfaerie666 wrote:
Does anyone have Amber by Night by Sharron Sala? I've been looking for it everywhere. Thanks.

I have it, but it is in .epub format. You need Digital epub Reader to open the file.

Amber Night
Back to top Go down
http://goukanatokoro.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:15 am

Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Jibril wrote:
And it seems the link to Betty Neels - The Bachelor's Wedding doesnt work. (or maybe it is just me...)
Try again?? It works fine for me. You might get a link to some AD site first before you get the actual link. But there should be a link that lets you continue to the actual page. Let me know if you still have issues.

Last edited by aerysa on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:29 pm

aerysa wrote:
Jibril wrote:
Try again?? It works fine for me. You might get a link to some AD site first before you get the actual link. But there should be a link that lets you continue to the actual page. Let me know if you still have issues.

the link works until you try to download. after the timer the link appears and after clicking it i get following message:
" Sorry, the file link that you requested is not valid.
Reasons for this may include:

•Invalid link
•The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of use"

Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I usually just check that it links to the right page and gives you the download link... Lol, so yeah...

I have no idea why it's doing that, but I deleted the old link and re-uploaded it with a different file name.

Try this one.

Should work since I actually tried through the whole process this time and it worked fine XD

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:25 pm

aerysa wrote:
I usually just check that it links to the right page and gives you the download link... Lol, so yeah...

I have no idea why it's doing that, but I deleted the old link and re-uploaded it with a different file name.

Try this one.

Should work since I actually tried through the whole process this time and it worked fine XD

Works now. Thank you very much for this!!! <3
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:43 am

Jibril wrote:
Works now. Thank you very much for this!!! <3
You're welcome~

So how are we doing on the reading? Here's some more to add to the mixture, chosen at random. It seems this time around, people are more interested in Harlequins? I can't remember what was shared before, so if I'm re-sharing something that was already shared in the past... Well, so what? Laughing

The Amalfi Bride by Ann Major
Summary: THE PAPARAZZI PRINCE

The beauty of Italy's Amalfi Coast made Regina Tomei throw caution to the wind-- and spend the night in the arms of a gorgeous stranger. Except Nico Romano is actually a prince-- heir to a monarchy, destined to marry a woman of royal blood.

Regina has no illusions that a working-class American like herself could fit into his world of power, palazzos and paparazzi. Their passionate affair must end when her vacation does. But Regina leaves Italy with more than just memories--she's carrying Nico's baby!

Download

His Cinderella Mistress by Carole Mortimer
Summary: Danger: seduction ahead!

January Calendar knows what Max Golding is up to. He's a handsome corporate lawyer out to buy up her family's land to build a tacky resort,and his tactics are to charm the pants off her -- literally!

But as frosty as January tries to be with Max,she's soon forced to thaw a little -- there's a stalker in her hometown,and only Max can protect her from being the latest victim! However,that doesn't mean becoming Max's mistress -- at the stroke of midnight, this Cinderella is determined to be safely tucked up in her own bed!

Download

Bachelor Boss by Christie Ridgway
Summary: SCHOOLGIRL CRUSH...OR FOREVER LOVE?
Lucy Sutton had a mission: to get over Carlo Milano once and for all. And when she became the successful security director's temporary employee, she thought the arrangement was perfect. After all, a strictly professional relationship would help her overcome her longtime unrequited crush.

BUT NOTHING WAS BUSINESS AS USUAL FOR CARLO
For Lucy was no longer a pesky teenager...she was still a vibrant, beautiful woman who just happened to work for him. She was smart, sweet--and undeniably sexy! And yes--he knew that he was playing with fire--but the closer he got to Lucy, the more he was finding it impossible to resist the flame...

Download

At the Sheikh's Bidding by Chantelle Shaw
Summary: Foced to marry -- a sheikh!

Erin Maguire is shocked to discover that her adopted son is the heir to a desert kingdom! Now they're en route to the land of Qubbah with little Kazim's uncle, the powerful and arrogant Zahir bin Kahlid al Muntassir!

Zahir insists Erin marry him, and that his young nephew remain in Qubbah! She refuses to leave Kazim behind, but she's not of royal blood. Zahir will have a very ordinary virgin bride in his bed on his wedding night!

Download

The Corinthian by Georgette Heyer
Summary: THE RUNAWAY

When Sir Richard Wyndham, an accomplished Corinthian, comes across a beautiful young woman climbing out of a window in a bid to escape, he finds the ideal opportunity to realise his own escape.

Behind lovely Penelope Creed was the lavish life of a brilliant London heiress, and a proposed marriage to a man she loathed. Ahead, tantalizing, was the shimmering dream of a love she had known once--and lost.

And with her in flight across a landscape of excitement was a man like no other she had known-- handsome, sophisticated, but cynical. They had met by accident, been drawn together by danger. And now only his masked emotions and the shifting impulses of her own wild young heart would tell what their destiny would be....

Download

All the links should work since I checked carefully this time~ If the formatting is messed up, well... I apologize, but there's not much I can do about it since I'm not going to fix it or anything. So you'll have to live with it Razz

Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Wow, thanks for the restock. Can't wait to start reading all these stories... Very Happy now if only my work would go away... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 am

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I can't wait to check them out over the summer. I also come bearing gifts: collections by author in many different formats. I just checked all of the links and they appear to be working. Very Happy

Carole Mortimer (25 books)
Brenda Jackson (15 books)
Carol Marinelli (8 books)
Penny Jordan (60 books)
Michelle Reid (31 books)
Lynne Graham (62 books)
Rebecca Winters (12 books)
Anne Mather (27 books)

I also found a handy list of reading software and some of the file formats they will open:
Adobe Acrobat (pdf)
Adobe Digital Editions (ePub, pdf)
Any Web Browser (html, txt)
eReader (pdb, prc)
FB Reader (bzip2, chm, ePub, fb2, gzip, html, oeb, palmDoc, plucker, prc, rtf, tar, tcr, txt, zip, zTxt)
Microsoft Reader (lit)
Mobipocket (mobi, prc)
Plucker (pdb)
Repligo (rgo)
Sony eBook Library (ePub, lrf, pdf)
Stanza (azw, doc, ePub, fb2, gz, html, imp, lit, lrf, pdb, pdf, prc, txt, rar, rb, rtf, zip)
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun May 06, 2012 3:17 am

i dont wanna sound rude but if possible i have a request.

i am looking for the book "The Sheikh's Wife" by Jane Porter. if anyone has it it would be nice if you could share it^^
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sun May 06, 2012 6:46 am

techgal101 wrote:
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I can't wait to check them out over the summer. I also come bearing gifts: collections by author in many different formats. I just checked all of the links and they appear to be working. Very Happy

Carole Mortimer (25 books)
Brenda Jackson (15 books)
Carol Marinelli (8 books)
Penny Jordan (60 books)
Michelle Reid (31 books)
Lynne Graham (62 books)
Rebecca Winters (12 books)
Anne Mather (27 books)

woo thanks so many books ^^ I am looking forward to read it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sheikh's Wife by Jane Porter   Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 am

Jibril wrote:

i am looking for the book "The Sheikh's Wife" by Jane Porter. if anyone has it it would be nice if you could share it^^

Last edited by Chloevien on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : changed the link)
Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 am

Chloevien wrote:
Jibril wrote:

There you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?mfao6eea6se7260

Thank you very much!!! Going to start reading it now <3
Back to top Go down
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue May 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Chloevien wrote:
Jibril wrote:

There you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?mfao6eea6se7260
Oooh, thanks for sharing!! ^^ I tried to find it, but couldn't.

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 pm

thanks for sharing the The Sheikh's Wife

And I would like to ask if anyone has the "Pilgrim's Castle" by Violet Winspear I have it in Portuguese but I couldn't find the English one. So I wanted to know if someone has it and if can share it please ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed May 09, 2012 12:24 am

Nathye wrote:
thanks for sharing the The Sheikh's Wife

And I would like to ask if anyone has the "Pilgrim's Castle" by Violet Winspear I have it in Portuguese but I couldn't find the English one. So I wanted to know if someone has it and if can share it please ^^

Here ya go! If you have a Scribd account you can download it. And it would be awesome if Shojo-Manhwa had an account because we could collect the novel versions of the mangas in a folder. Or just collect all the Hqn we can find! Cool
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84515962/Pilgrim-s-Castle-Violet-Winspear
Back to top Go down
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 am

techgal101 wrote:
Here ya go! If you have a Scribd account you can download it. And it would be awesome if Shojo-Manhwa had an account because we could collect the novel versions of the mangas in a folder. Or just collect all the Hqn we can find! Cool
Thanks ^^ I tried looking in Scribd but couldn't find anything so thanks a lot ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   

Back to top Go down

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next